The web development intern works closely with the Creative Technologist and the Creative team to inspire technology-driven content and communication solutions for clients. In addition, the web development intern will act as a filter on new emerging trends, sharing and inspiring innovation as a result.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Interest in creating and maintaining websites and web applications.
- Self-motivated developer and ability to work well in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to collect, organize and manage content necessary for websites and other digital projects from various sources.
- Contribute to wireframes, UI, UX and other technical creative concepts.
- Use best practices including version control, testing, code reviews, and occasional pair programming while keeping an eye toward usability and user experience.
- Enthusiastically research new platforms, programs and technology as needs arise (including, but not limited to, VR development)
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with team members and staff on development needs.
- Exact hours flexible dependent on class schedule of candidate within working hours (M-F, 9:30-5)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and able to work onsite in our Portland office
- Compensation for credit + $15/hr
- Must be a current student or a recent graduate to apply
Skills and Languages:
- Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3, and responsive web design
- Experience coding PHP for WordPress customization
- Understanding of web standards and best practices
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility debugging
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite for image and video editing a plus.
- Experience with a CSS framework ( Bootstrap, Foundation, etc. ) a plus
- Experience with a CSS compiler ( SASS / LESS ) a plus
Please submit your resume, cover letter, portfolio samples (PDF format and/or link to your website) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Web Dev Intern” in the subject line.
Must be a current student to apply.